Medical Record Retrieval
Effective analysis of medical records begins with precise medical record organization that presents a clear and ordered details on the medical treatment of the patient involved in a case. Pre-requisite to this is the availability of the medical records including the treatment records and the medical bills from the various medical service providers. Sometimes, the medical practitioners need to be nudged in order to obtain these medical records. This record retrieval tasks can take a significant amount of time, manpower and financial resources, resulting in hours of lost productivity for your organization.
At LTV, we employ the most modern methods and technologies for efficiently meeting the record retrieval demands of medical, legal, and insurance entities. By making use of integrative technology, we ensure that our clients’ record retrieval burden is alleviated while they are enabled to focus better on their core functions. Employing innovative methods, we communicate with custodians of health records effortlessly and collect the information required seamlessly.
The medical record review and retrieval specialists in our team can efficiently sort records by the medical care provider and treatment/procedure dates and then index them by document type to reconstruct an exact chronological timeline of events. As these records are sorted and summarized, following are some of the activities that are carried out during the process:
- Any duplicates records are deleted
- Any documents belonging to other individuals are removed
- Match the treatment records against their bills
- Identify any missing records or bills
- Locate and verify the doctor/facility phone or fax number through web research, if necessary
- Check requirement on HIPAA/special authorization/Lien/additional documents
- Prepare and send out Record/Bill Verifications Requests
- Confirm patient name, DOB, and SSN with received records
- Frequently update record status & follow-ups on outstanding requests
- Quality Check & Chronological Organization
Our team of Medical Records Retrieval Service professionals is experienced and well-trained to assist your office in obtaining all types of medical records and bills from the attending medical care providers, adhering to cycle times. Taking advantage of electronic delivery of records via efax and email services, we offer fast and dependable medical record retrieval service with high retrieval success rate, freeing your resources from this cumbersome task and helping you increase overall business efficiency.
We always endeavor to do whatever it takes to locate and compile all the documentation required to produce a complete and comprehensive medical record.